Avaya IP Office 500 is a modular solution with four universal expansion slots. It supports up to 384 users. In each of the slots, you can install an 8-port analog and digital module, 4-port daughter card analog or BRI trunks, a voice compression module for 64 channels and expansion modules, standard for the entire IP Office product line.
IP Ofiice 500 supports up to four E1 streams, 32 ISDN BRI channels, 144 analog trunks, 128 voice compression codecs and 8 expansion modules. The license key is designed as a smart card installed in a special slot.
Avaya IP500 base module is available in two versions: Standard Edition and Professional Edition. For a small company, it is better to buy an inexpensive system with basic functionality. As soon as the business starts to grow and the number of employees starts to increase, there will be the need for additional phone applications. The company would then upgrade the station to the professional version (Professional Edition) without changing the existing system. Changing from one version to another only requires buying a license.
The standard version of Avaya IP500 (Standard Edition) is available for small offices – from two to up to 32 users. It supports all types of phones: analog, digital, IP, IP DECT, WiFi and PC Softphone. In addition, you can organize a conference of up to 64 participants. This version has Phone Manager Lite for all users and it supports external trunks (analog, E1, ISDN and SIP). It has an Embedded Voicemail.
The professional version (Professional Edition) supports expansion modules and the ability to install applications Voicemail Pro, Compact Contact Center, Interactive Voice Response (IVR), Conferencing Center and SCN (Small Community Networking – the option of combining several IP Office into a single network).
Specifications of IP Office 500
- SmartCard license key – required for each system. There are Mu-Law and A-Law options
- Up to 24 digital or 32 analog phones
- Supports a maximum of 384 subscribers in the system
- Up to 2 VCM modules with capacity of up to 128 codecs
- Supports 4 daughter expansion cards
- Up to 2 IP400 connection modules – up to 4 x PRI E1
- All slots are universal
- Supports up to 8 external modules (DS30/16, Phone30/16/8, Analog Trunk 16, SO8)
- Does not support WAN 3 module & modem card
- No X.21/V.35/V.24 WAN port
- You can organize a conference of 64 participants
- Supports Embedded Voicemail
- Up to 30 VM Pro ports
- 48 Data Channels
- Supports only 4.0 software – available in Standard Edition, and you can upgrade to Professional Edition